When we wear the clothes, there will be friction between fabrics and linings, in all the connection part, when relying other objects. The fabric color may change because of the weak crocking colorfastness and further influence the clothes appearance.
The main test standard of crocking colorfastness
• China standard: GB/T 3920
• International Standard: ISO 105 X12/X16
• US standard: AATCC 8/AATCC 116
• Japan standard: JIS L0849 Type I /Type II
The crocking colorfastness is divided into dry crocking colorfastness and wet crocking colorfastness.
Some factors affecting the crocking colorfastness
1.Cellulosic fiber fabrics are generally dyed with reactive dyes. There are two reasons that the dye on the test fabric migrates to the fleece fabric.
• The water-soluble dye is transferred to the fleece in the wet state. the reactive dye and the cellulose fiber are combined by covalent bond, which is strong and does not break due to rubbing. The floating color will transfer to fleece in wet state, that why the wet crocking colorfastness will become poor.
• The dyed fibers break during the rubbing process, forming tiny colored fiber particles and transferring to the cloth and result in poor wet crocking colorfastness.
2. There is big relationship between the wet crocking colorfastness and the depth of dyeing color. When dyeing dark color, the concentration of dye will be higher. The excess dye cannot combine with the fiber but deposit in the fiber surface becoming floating color. As mentioned, the floating color have big influence in crocking colorfastness.
Mercerized, singeing, scouring, bleaching and other pre-treatment can make the fabric surface smooth, reduce frictional resistance, improving the crocking colorfastness.
The principle of action of each factor mentioned above varies greatly, also vary from the influence. For many years, no matter in the field of dyestuff research and production, or in the field of textile dyeing and finishing, people have devoted a lot of manpower and material resources to efforts to solve the problem of the color fastness of textile products.
Solution-Dyed fabric is using solution-dyed ( dope dyed) yarns which are created by adding a masterbatch colorant to the polymer melt in spinning or extrusion.
This results in fibers and filaments that are fully impregnated with pigment coming out of the spinnerets in a one-step process.
Compare with the traditional piece dye process, not only the solution-dyed fabric performing outstanding colorfastness and avoid the dye-lots difference, but you can also imagine how much water and dyestuff pollution we can save by choosing the solution-dyed fabric.
Now dope dye should the perfectly solution.
Post time: May-26-2022